Friday, August 19, 2011

Okay - I am so grateful to be alive this morning.

There was a crazy accident outside of work last night - completely fucking insane. A man got crushed between a van and his truck. It was horrifying. We were about to set up for work and then we heard a crazy skid, a crazy loud crash - tons of glass breaking and then people started screaming. Right outside of the club. I really thought the car was coming in through the club because that's how loud and crazy it was. I think the guy is actually going to be okay - there was no blood at the site hours later and he had his back open on his truck or he would have been smashed into the window. It could have been any of us coming into work and walking between cars. A gypsy cab was flying and clipped a car and it sent it flying into the parked cars and it cause one car to go into another until the guy was pinned in between the van and his truck 3 cars down the line. FUCK it scared the shit out of ALL of us. Yesterday when I woke up I was tired and I didn't want to come here and I was having a bad attitude and fighting it and then the thought occurred to me "I'm mad that I have a job to go to - really?" And that thought helped turn me around. Today the same thing happened when I woke up and after seeing that last night I am so glad I am alive and not in the hospital. New York is so fucking crazy but that could happen anywhere. Cars are weapons - it scares the shit out of me. Well I feel like more than ever I can ask the drivers to slow the fuck down when I'm in a car. I said the Our Father prayer like 75 times I was so freaked out. The ambulance came super fast and they got him out of there pretty fast but it was so fucking scary - I just prayed - I didn't know what else to do. I got a bucket of water because when it first happened a woman screamed for water - so I go running over with water and she was like - "Throw it there!!!" Only there was no smoke and can you imagine if I fucking threw water on that guy pinned in between 2 vehicles? Jesus - so I put the bucket down and started to pray. I have to go - or I want to go. For some reason I can't figure out completely this configuration really hurts my arm. But okay - I can handle it - it's okay. I'm lucky I have a job to be at - jobs and I'm lucky I could WALK here and take a shower, drink water and take vitamins before coming here. Jeez - thank you Blueberry. I love you - talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...