Monday, August 29, 2011

Emo-Do

It's a type of emotional karate. I think. It's a way of protecting yourself from emotional vampires but you have to do it in the nice karate way and there are 3 basic starter principals. Let me just first say that I finally went through - or started to go through these magazines I had piled up in order to work on a new vision board. Well I guess I didn't read all these magazines even to begin with because I learned SO much. First of all how important forgiveness is. Holy cow. Like - how much unforgiveness towards me and others I was holding onto. They don't really talk about forgiveness that much in the program I don't think. Maybe they do. So anyway back to emo-do. The starter principals are that 1. You vow never to deliberately create suffering for yourself or others. (WHAT???? That is one of my main activities in LIFE!!! Totally mind blowing.) 2. Always own your mistakes and do your best to correct them. 3. Forgive yourself when your best isn't good enough. So last night I worked on forgiveness and letting go and of not even mentally creating suffering towards myself and others. I have been an emotional vampire myself - with out really realizing it. I suppose that is part of the victim mentality. So today I am focusing on self forgiveness and being present. I also had this mind blowing thought as I was going to sleep that I am now going to forget. Something about totally moving past the past. I can't learn anything else from it and it is really time for me to MOVE on. It does say in the program that everything happens for a reason - so there you go - it was ALL meant to happen. Now I can forgive and move on. Let it all go. Jeez. I suppose what I am trying to say also is that I really want to open my heart. Open my heart and love again. I mean love me - love what I love. Love bigger than the past. Let my love grow past the past. In a GOOD way. Lord do I sound nuts? Who cares. I hope I don't go walk the dog and get in a fight with someone. Well if I do I will forgive myself and them. OR I will just perhaps avoid that conflict. You know what else I learned? Our brains never stop growing. You know what else? Our brains take up 20% of the food we eat. 20%!!!! Amazing!!! Both of those things blew my mind. Hurricane lessons. Okay - I love you Blueberry - blueberries which are good for the mind/brain!!!! Byeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...