Saturday, April 30, 2011

The funeral is today....

but it's okay and we are already laughing. My sister said she is taking on the persona of Princess Kathrine (she had the royal wedding on her mind) and last night she told my mother this and then they started talking about "Princess Katherine" and my mother said how she has been handed everything on a "Platter called Silver". Then my sister says "What does she do?" My mother says (meanwhile I'm wondering how my mother knows or is saying so much about the princess) "She sells real estate!!" Deirdre says "Reeeeeaaalllyy?? How do you know that?" My mother says "She sent us a postcard with her picture on it saying she says real estate!!" That's when I realized my mother was talking about my COUSIN Kathryn. It was hilarious. I don't have the energy to make up names for these people although I guess it would be funny but very confusing. I can't believe my mother thought my sister was calling our cousin Princess Kathryn - what the heck is that about? The wake was nice but nothing like Six Feet Under.....or everything like Six Feet Under. I could not stop thinking about that show. So this morning is the funeral and then I need to go back tomorrow to the city. I have been here for a week with no clothes and none of my things - which has been fine. I bought a couple of things and I am so grateful I got to be here - such a blessing.....and it has been so wonderful seeing my sisters and my brother and my nephews again so soon after Key West. My sisters came by themselves because they couldn't bring their kids so unexpectedly so my nieces aren't here. I have to go get ready - I hope the sun comes out because I want her to have a sunny bright funeral. Oh dear this does bring up such painful memories and feelings - holy cow....these things do have a way of stirring up the muddy waters of family ponds.....I love you Blueberry....

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...