Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Grandma died this morning....

it was so sad. We had such a nice Easter all of us and she seemed so awake and okay but that is always a bad sign. We dyed Easter eggs and even hid them - hilarious because the boys are kind of old for that but who cares. We had such a nice dinner and such a nice visit with her. Then yesterday we went to see her and she was having such trouble breathing and it was heart breaking. My sister and I prayed and held her hands and sat with her. She was so sweet. She actually looked very beautiful even though she was dying. My sister brushed her hair and she seemed to looooove it until one point she was like "ugh stop it" which was kind of hilarious. On Sunday she said to me "Now where do you fit in with all of this?" I told her which number born I was and she said "I always had a hard time figuring out where you fit in." I swear to God I thought that was when I was going to find out I was adopted or from a different father or something crazy like that. I look exactly like everyone so that's not possible but it was still strange. She died this morning and we all went to the hospital and sat with her. I held her hand again and my brother did also. He did it first and then I felt compelled to do so. Competitive? My brother and sister-in-law went and got bourbon and everyone did a toast to her but they brought me a coke which was so sweet. I was so happy I could be there and I prayed and loved her. Poor things mouth was wide open and one eye was partly open. I swear I think I'm in shock still - I never thought this day would come. 94 years old. My sister took me to a meeting and came to the meeting last night here and it was WONDERFUL. So totally wonderful. The people were funny and nice and it was in the same place I signed up for swimming lessons when I was little. This adorable old park house in the center of town. I swear to God I had to stop myself from taking pictures it was such a cute building. So New England. I think the buildings are from the colonial times. The windows look out to a red barn and the grass and - wow - jesus.....poor Grandma died this morning. I felt so bad for my grandfather. He said she knew 2 months ago. We went to the beach today....this is such a strange trip - it's absolutely beautiful and yet so totally sad. I found out that the Forsythia is what is blooming out front and the tree with the green puff balls is a maple tree - maybe a sugar? Long post Blueberry and kind of all over the place - so glad I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...