Saturday, July 23, 2011

At home still because of the heat

I guess the comedy club is slow. I took a 2 hour long nap and had the sense to call before I made my way towards the club. I have to be there at 9:30 so now I have time to meditate. I went a meeting and it was fabulous except that it was so hot I had to leave a little early. My dog was so happy to see me home again and I'm so happy to spend some time with her. I just realized that I am doing the one thing I always really, REALLY wanted to do. I did always want to act and sing, dance, play instruments and write. But I knew that in order for me to live a happy life in anyway - I would need to be sober. So here I am - sober. I just stuck my head out the window of my room and looked around. I looked down the alley to left where 2 boys were riding their bikes away and the buildings, cars and even couple of bags of garbage look so interesting. The sun is still warm but I can feel some relief coming. The major heat of the day is passing and now also I think the heat wave itself is passing. I felt so sick today walking around in the heat. It reminded me of when I would be so hung over and so high to try and help with the nausea of being hung over. I would feel like I was exploding in just 80 degrees - it was insane. Well so I didn't get to work a lot today but I did get to rest and I needed rest. She asked me to work Saturdays and now I am going to have to figure out whether or not I can do 3 doubles in a row. Right now after resting, doing some reading on Zen, hugging my dog, and going to a meeting - I feel sort of okay. I have to have time in my day to do these things. So - well - I guess I just have to figure out how to tell her I can't stay till 7. I don't know if I can get there at 10 is the thing!! Okay - now I'm going to get upset that I didn't work today the pre-show or even tonight or there. I have to stop writing - I'm sober. I am sober and I have time right now to pray, meditate and get to work to work a little bit. I am giving myself a real fighting chance by being sober. I just need to meditate right now and this rage will subside. Acceptance. Namaste Blueb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...