Monday, May 13, 2013

Whoaaaa - what time is it in Blog Land?

I don't think it's this time that I have.  Anyway I have to write to say I just went to a meeting AROUND the corner - literally from my house and it was awesome.  I feel the same way I did yesterday after a meeting - BETTER.  I really do and I wasn't feeling that bad.  The woman who spoke has 32 years sober and she said the same thing that almost all the old timers say - she only has today, she goes to a meeting almost everyday and she's grateful.  That's all I heard anyway.  I came back home and walked right inside and took the dog out.  So easy - so amazing.  I didn't have to run around like a maniac all day and I was still able to take care of myself - now that is something to be grateful for.  I couldn't wait to get back and write about it - I was so excited and then I felt a little stupid being so excited that I got to go to a meeting around the corner and it was good.  But that's what kept me from going to meetings in the first place - thinking it wasn't cool - feeling stupid - blah, blah, blah.  Add that to the list of goals - don't give a shit what anyone thinks.  Seriously.  It was a funny meeting too - the topic was gratitude and this woman talked about how she was grateful she could change her own toilet seat.  Haha - she said toilet seat. like 25 times and REALLY loud - cracked me up.  Oh dear - the Grandma dog isn't doing so well - she seems out of sorts.  Well - well - okay - so anyway - I'm grateful I'm not drunk or she would be a lot more out of sorts.  Okay - love you Bluebie - bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...