Thursday, August 23, 2012

Omg - I did it.

I went to class and it was so traumatizing, awesome and hilarious.  It was so funny.  I mean - it was about 15 grown women - all different ethnicities - all variations of awkwardness and talent level - as well as body types and it was SO crazy.  I wasn't as horrible as I thought I would be but when it came time for leg lifts and jumps I almost died.  I am literally like 25 pounds heavier than I was the last time I took a ballet class.  That's a lot more body to heave into the air.  Also I was farting and burping during the WHOLE class because I ate fried chicken fingers with BBQ sauce, mashed potatoes and corn before I went.  And an iced Americano.  My outfit looked cute!!  From the front.  Not so much from the side.  A little stomach hanging over action was going on from the side.  It felt really wonderful to be using my body and they had a real live man playing the piano - just like when I was growing up.  I can't wait to go back.  I look kind of awful today - I was so wired from it last night - so excited that I went to bed too late.  Also - this is so crazy but I just couldn't get my shit together today - it made me so uncomfortable.  It's like I'm having backlash from doing something so nice for myself.  I guess that's it.  That's so sad.  I'm also - what?  I'm tired and I have PMS.  Who cares???  I went to dance class!!!  That is the really great part!!  Hoorrraaaayyyy!!!!!  Bye Blueberry - I love you!  Ooo - I also have to say the view from the studio is so beautiful.  It's on the third floor of a building on 92nd street and 3rd Avenue and you can see out of the big bay windows the buildings and trees across the street and it is soooooo pretty and New Yorky.  In the best possible way.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...