Monday, December 20, 2010

I did another show

and it was really fun also!! I let more of my personality out with this one and so that was good. I opened with a better joke than last night and I also went with a different friend so she had different input. It was great. I had fun and I didn't spend any money and I came home and ate here. I bought water and I also bought a granola bar. But well - it was great. Being sober is much MUCH better for me as far as - ha - EVERYTHING goes. I used to get bored at shows waiting to perform and then I would start drinking and by the time I got up to perform I was completely buzzed and had no way to really be funny or gage any of the jokes or the audience reaction to the jokes. I am glad I'm getting out there - it was fun and exciting. I also haven't been spending 20 dollars a day on Starbuck's so that is good. I met my friend from years ago and met her new girlfriend and they were adorable. They met on Match.com - how cute is that?? I went to therapy and I had some eggs - went to a meditation meeting and then did the show. I used to never take the subway home late at night because I would have to pee so bad from drinking that I could only ever hold it like 15 - 20 minutes tops. I must have peed my pants 10 different times even WITH taking cabs everywhere. I just had no control over my bladder. Who could drinking 3 buds in a row?? For starters?? Add shots, cigarettes and weed - jesus. Anyway - holy fuck - it's so much more fun doing all of this stuff sober and not spending money. I only had a hot chocolate with a shot of espresso today and 1 green tea. I feel more alive not being so impulsive in my life. Do you know what Cretona told me a long time ago?? He said that once I stop doing impulsive things in my life, once I stop having so much drama in my daily life, that I will be able to transfer all of that to the stage. I'm not sure how he said it or the words he used but that's the idea. I hope that along with all of that some confidence will show up. So for now I just want to get onstage tons and work on my writing. I never really wrote for either one of these shows. So now I can do that. My family is coming tomorrow!! I'm so excited!! Time to shower. The snake doctor said that I need to get into my body before bed. Than I will be able to sleep better. Fall asleep better. Brilliant!! Bye bye Blueberry - talk to you tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...