Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I feel much better

today - like perhaps the cold is at bay. I have to say that I also feel like this new road to health is very tedious. Very slow and it seems, so time consuming. So - slooooowwww. I did all the right things last night and today to be healthy. Ate all the right foods and drank my teas and had water and - ALL of it. Today while I was eating my breakfast I remembered one time when I was younger (much younger) - maybe in the 6th grade?? I had a huge knot in my hair - under all of my other hair at the nape of my neck. It looked like a rats nest under all my other hair. I suppose it started as a small knot that I ignored and keep brushing over until it became HUGE. Mind you I have and had tons of hair so for awhile no one noticed it because the hair I was combing over it covered it. Well eventually my mother noticed and freaked out and my sister combed it out of my head for me. It took HOURS. Can you imagine untangling a knot that took weeks to get there? I was washing my hair and combing over it. I had one huge dread lock. Gross. Well I was so frustrated by how long it took my sister to get it out and she said something to the affect of - we can cut it out?? So she got it out and I was so relieved and then it happened again. This time she got it out but she wasn't gentle AT ALL and my mother was really annoyed this time that I let my hair get like that. So that was the last time I got one of those knots. Well this path to healing feels like I am untangling a huge knot inside my self. I swear it's so crazy how tangled everything is. I have to say though that I really don't want to do this again. I would rather just really stay on this healthy path. I don't feel solidly on it at all. And the knot is still there - I can feel it. I can see it in my mind's eye. Part of it is untangled - but only part. And honestly there is nothing I can do to speed it up. I just have to keep going everyday on the healthy path. What I find odd is the resting. I rested yesterday and took care of myself and now I feel much better. That blows my mind. It is so against my nature. I would have years ago just ignored it and pushed myself. Puuuuushed myself. Ugh - how miserable. So now I rest. Go figure. I will see my friend tomorrow so it all worked out okay anyway. So bizarre and even as I write this part of me doubts that resting is the right thing to do. Ha - well I'm just going to have to trust that it is. For REAL. Thank you for shopping at Blueberries and Dreams - come back again real soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...