Sunday, May 6, 2012

Day one of better thinking at work....

I wasn't supposed to work all the shows and then I just kept thinking to myself "It's fine - I will be fine - I will make the money I need to make."  Then someone was really late and my sections got switched so I got to work.  Amazing!!  Then in the second show I got this HUGE party that was upset about where they were sitting AND they had moved the tables so that I really couldn't get past them very well.  I heard one of them as I first tried to get by say "UGH - this is going to SUCK ASS!!"  Haha - so I just was like "Listen - this isn't going to suck ass - it's going to be fine - I want you guys to have a good time - to have fun!!"  I even asked them if they would move the table back and then I said no - just leave it if it makes you happy - it's totally fine.  They ended up being really nice and they really did have fun.  Then this other table said they weren't getting anything - they were pissed too about where they were sitting and they wanted to eat a shit ton of food and they had this little table and I said to just get 2 things and how that's a lot of food anyway - they were so happy and I'm not kidding you the guy tipped me 50 bucks.  I swear to GOD even 2 weeks ago I would have thought the door guys were fucking with me giving me these awful people and I would have been such a bitch to ALL of them and resented them and on and on.  Maybe the door guys were fucking with me or they were mean to them or whatever but those people were paying ME money - what right do I have to be a bitch??  So - huh - it was an interesting experiment to have a better attitude.  I should say to BEGIN to have a better attitude because I'm not stopping.  Love you Bluebie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...