Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Class was so fantastic last night.

He read us two different things - the first was by George Bernard Shaw and it went along the lines of acting inspiring us to be more interested in human psychology and the workings of being human than we would have been otherwise.  I'm sure that isn't at all what the quote - written passage actually - was at all about but that's what I got out of it.  I was so struck by realizing that my fascination with psychology and acting go hand in hand and that maybe I wouldn't even have wanted to know how I, my psyche and others psyches work if I weren't first fascinated by acting.  I found it so intriguing.  And inspiring.  The other thing he read us was an early autobiography by Sam Shepard.  He was saying his favorite word and saying that he never wanted to be a writer but rather a rock star.  My teacher wouldn't make me a copy of it and I can't find it online.  So fascinating.  It made me realize how much I love words.  What words do I love?  Hmmmm.  I do love hmmmm.  Love, pickles, thrill, ass, turd, fuck, love, trees, please, thank you....I'm not sure.  I found it so inspiring and I can't even remember what he said.  I love that he reads us all this old stuff - this was written in 1971.  When I was born - what??  Okay - so I bought myself one of the cheap ticket seats to a show on Sunday afternoon - a Broadway show.  I want to seriously figure out what the fuck I am doing now.  Shake it off, move forward.  Get inspired - figure out some serious goals and just leave the past where it belongs - in the past.  I think maybe one of the reasons I was such a mess last week was that I did some things to take care of myself and there was backlash from that.  But now - I made it past that and I'm in a better place.  Gross - if I drank - that would not have happened.  So sickening to think about.  Okay - bye Bluebie - love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...