Tuesday, March 13, 2012

One more thing about class....

We go out one person before us in order to warm-up - get ready and you can go backstage or go out in the hallway. I went out in the hallway and was going over my lines near the elevator where there's another little hallway where you can't see anyone but I could still be heard by the people waiting for the elevator and vice verse. WELL some big rehearsal for something got out that was clearly musical theater so all these loud people were waiting for the elevator singing and being all drama and it started to annoy me until I realized this meant I could talk and go over my lines without anyone caring because that is the fucking point of that whole building. It's all rehearsal studios or something to do with theater. SO - so I felt so much better rehearsing - so much freer and then I realized I can always do that. I can always feel free rehearsing - so what if people think I'm crazy - isn't that going to happen anyway and it felt so GOOD. Okay - here's the other thing - I couldn't stay in the moment after it was over my monologue. I got so - in my head and weird. Who can stay present all the time? Meryl Streep? No way. Maybe. I don't know - it's fucking HARD. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...