Monday, October 1, 2012

I threw out the kitchen table

I got when I was married and that I have been using as a desk for 6 years.  I smoked so much pot and did coke with my ex-husband (to try and save the marriage - I don't even LIKE coke - at ALL) and wrote and watched movies, and TV shows on, and - LORD - what a relief.  I'm using this beautiful antique desk my cousin is letting me use - it has flaps so it fits better in the apartment now that I have A COUCH.  A fucking couch.  I own a couch.  It has been a fantasy for YEARS to have my own couch and now I do.  It's purple and it's a love seat and I think I love it.  I'm not sure.  I haven't been able to sit on it since it got here.  It's a floor sample and the bottom is ripped but it's just a piece of material - the couch itself is fine.  When I got my ukulele I couldn't use it for days - it freaked me out so much.  Okay - I should just sit on it.  I did yesterday and I loved it.  Okay - I just sat on it and it was heaven.  Total heaven - amazing.  I took my whole computer apart yesterday in order to get rid of the other table, cleaned it - put it back together, moved the bookshelf to my bedroom and bought this couch.  I took the kitchen table apart and put the nuts and bolts in a bag and brought all of it down to the street and someone took it.  It felt like I shaved my head (not that I have ever done that) after I came back up here.  I got rid of a piece of sadness by doing that for myself and I hope that table brings someone else a lot of happiness.  It's really cute but huge and just one big piece.  Why am I trying to justify it?  I did the right thing and now  have a little living room where I can actually have someone sit down.  Fun.  Time to do laundry and clean and grocery shop.  THAT'S FUCKING ALL!!  I just went for a walk/jog/sprint in the park.  Fucking glorious.  Moving here is like being let out of prison.  Even with the cockroach and the mouse - I think I have a mouse - it's total fucking heaven.  So what - so I have a dog, a cockroach and a mouse?  I also have FREEDOM.  And a bathtub and a little kitchen and A FUCKING couch that no one is having prostitute sex on.  Yet!  Ehhh-ohhhh.  Gross.  Bye Bluebs - I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...