Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I just don't like people that smell.

I left this amazing meeting last night and as I was rushing to get into a cab to make it to class on time this woman comes out of nowhere and was like "Oh - where are you going so we aren't fighting for a cab?" We end up sharing a cab - because she was completely pushy about it - me, she and her friend. In retrospect I realized I should have just given them the cab and gotten into another one - there were I'm sure plenty. I drop them off and on the way she grills me about my life - as I drop them off - she doesn't have change - asks if I will treat them - then gives me her card and tells me she will give me a free life coaching session instead. Her friend was like e"Call her!! She's 18 years sober - she's a really powerful force!!" In the cab (where she smelled - she had bad breath and she had this frozen smile on her face the whole time - frozen bad breath face) she asked me if I was an actress (because I was on my way to an acting class) and she asked me what my plan was and I said I was letting it happen organically - she said "How's that working out for you?" I should have jumped out of the cab right then. She smelled - how do you smell? It wasn't hungry bad breath or even rotten teeth bad breath - it was like - just - maybe don't talk to this lady bad breath. Maybe she was thirsty? There was something very dry about it. The good part was that even though the experience upset me - especially because when she told me she was a coach - I thought she meant acting coach and then I look at her card and it says "Life Coach" - I didn't let it affect my work in class and I didn't bring it into class to talk about. The sickest part is I want to go to her and get that free session!! What a horrible woman. She was soooo aggressive and pushy and between that and the bad breath - honestly - I should have jumped out at the corner. I learned a valuable lesson - if someone pushes - go. I was trying to be nice and I ended up mad and offended. The class was great - all the work I did for the monologue paid off and he didn't even ask what I did. He just said it was wonderful and how preparation is everything. He just saw the work - amazing. Now I don't have class for a week but honestly that's okay. I need to clean, and make some money. I also need to move and so now on Friday I can roam around actually looking at buildings. Yes!! Okay - plus I have all this other work I want to get to. Yesterday was a really busy day here at the store but today is quiet - so I will be able to get some of my own stuff done. Amazing. Okay - byeeee Bluebie - I love you. p.s. I used to smell really bad - I mean REALLY bad. I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...