Monday, June 11, 2012

The Bronx.

I went to the Bronx yesterday to work with my scene partner from class.  He had showed me a picture of the view of his room which was beaaauuuutiful - of the Palisades - gorgeous and told me he needed a roommate - his roommate is moving out.  I get there - it takes a long time - he brings me up to his apartment on the 14th Floor in a pretty building.  Guess what's not pretty?  The apartment.  Gorgeous view - totally crazy apartment starting with the fish farm (Tilapia) and Hydroponic plants, baby chicks and birds.  I'm not kidding.  So I'm not living in the Bronx.  I suppose on some level it's brilliant but on another level - the one where I want to live - no thank you.  Not in an apartment.  The baby chicks were just in a box - oh my lord - so unhealthy.  So that's that.  We got to rehearse for real at least.  It is a pretty view.  Then I did a show - that was fun and I went up first and I was - I would say mediocre.  Some of the jokes landed well and they were such a sweet audience.  I saw Larni there also and we went and got food.  I asked him why he wasn't having me on his show and he said because I'm too functional.  He needs dysfunctional people.  I guess he has never read my blog.  I said I didn't know if he was bullshitting me but I'm buying it.  He bought me dinner - it was so sweet.  I have to go get the dogs food, go to therapy and go to a meeting.  Call my sponsor who finally texted me yesterday.  I also need to go to the bank and cancel my YMCA membership.  I still need a place to live - bye Bluebie!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...