Thursday, December 20, 2018

I don't Want My Life To be Wasted - THE MUSICAL!

Here are the lyrics to the opening number - a cancer patient runs out onstage to the streets of New York City and she's pulling her IV bag and IV bag hanging thingy and it's all plugged into her arm where she's getting chemo presently - she's just watched The Jane Fonda biography and she's VERY inspired!!

She belts out -

Jane!!!
Jaaaaaaaannneeee!!!
Jane didn't want her life to be wasted and NEITHER dooooo IiiiiiiIIIiiiiiiiiii -

(music starts playing more softly)
I might have gotten cancer but it was just a wake-up call
OR maybe it's not at all and I'm gonna fall
Or maybe I'm meant to live and live well and be sure to TEEEELLLLLLL
My story
My story (music starts building again)
My story of how I finally broke free from my cancer and mostly
Frooooommmm MEeeeeEEEEEEEEEE.

(MUSIC BUILDS BIG TIME & SHE BELTS)

I DONT WANT MY LIFE TO BE WASTED!!!!
I CANT STAND WASTING FOOD!
IF I CANT STAND WASTING FOOD THAN HOW CAN I THINK OF CONSCIOUSLY WASTING MY LIIIIIIIIFEEEEEE????
IM HERE FOR A REASON
NOT JUST FOR THIS SEASON
AND EVEN IF IM NOT IM GONNA MAKE TODAY COUNT AND I AM.NOT.GONNA.
WAAAAAAST. MY . TIIIIIIIIIIME.

(Music Stops)
She slams the IV holder up and down & says
I'm not gonna waste my life.

Then she runs off dragging the IV thing.


Next scene is of her funeral.   


HA NOOOOOOOoooooooOOOOOOooooo.

________________________________________________________________


I'm just fucking changing man.  I'm here for a reason and I just plain and simple do not want to waste my life.  This year was FUCKING NUTS.  Today was my second to last treatment.  I cried like 5 times.  I'm grateful to be alive.  I want to make some kind of difference.  I don't even have the opportunities that Jane Fonda did but I can still make a difference and I think I'm meant to.  That's it!  I am so fucking tired - gotta eat my soup.  It's kale, sweet potato, regular potato, herbs, onions and garlic in beef bone broth.  ITS SO GOOD and healing feeling.  I like that - the healing feeling.  Maybe I don't like that.  HA.  Byeeeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...