Monday, February 3, 2020

Okay!

Well I guess one thing that happens if one stays sober long enough is that the picture gets clearer and it just gets a lot fucking harder to try to force shit to happen.  I am changing.  My life is changing.  I don't want to hurt myself anymore.  I know that sounds so crazy to hear since I have been trying to do exactly that for so long now but I still was.  In so many ways.  One of them is to do things I do.not.want.to.do.  Over & over again.  My guy says it's because of "the old days" when I was a drunk mess - like a left-over feeling of being a piece of shit and that I somehow owe it to people to do things I don't want to do and say yes when I mean no.  Trying to make up for the long ago days.  I also think it's just some seriously deeply ingrained inferiority complex and thinking that if someone feels like they are better than me than they must be and I owe it to them to do their bidding.  Fuck me - it's hurting me to even WRITE this.  But it's true.  But I am done.  I am done from a very, very healthy place because I do not want to hurt my body anymore.  I love my body and doing this stuff hurts me and hurts my physical body too.  It causes stress, tension and makes me feel sick.  But also I don't have the time anymore.....did I ever?  Who does?  And why the fuck would I still be doing this stuff if I am working all the time everyday to try to figure out how to be the best version of myself as possible?  If I don't feel good I am not a good version of myself.


Someone wrote to me this morning and asked me for help and I jumped at it....then I realized I felt horrible....they didn't even ask how I was - just can you help me.  And listen this person has asked me for help many, many times and I never get anything out of it and I always keep helping.  Because I feel like I owe this person something.  But I don't.  I owe me something now.  I have never said no so it's not crazy this person would ask.  I have had a huge part in all of these relationships where I end up feeling awful.  So now it's changing because I just can't do it anymore.  I love myself and I deserve so much better.  My sponsor says that to me all the time and I have never heard anyone say it to me before outside of romantic relationships....but she says "Why do you think you deserve to be treated that way?"  Fucking barf.  I mean baaaaarf.  So here we are.  February 2020.  I have been alive for a log time.  I have been working on myself for a long, long time....and now I finally just don't want to hurt myself anymore.  My poor body has been through enough.  So now I need to practice saying no and being nice about it.  It feels good to write that thank God.  It also feels like it might be the most awkward thing I have ever tried to practice.  Meanwhile I just got a flash of this person calling me, asking me for whatever and for the next year I work on this thing with them haha.  Okay that's not going to happen.  I guess I have just gotten healthy enough to not want to participate in my own abuse or help someone else do it.  Even if they aren't conscious of it.  I'm not saying I am huge victim of other people - I am saying that I have choices now that are VERY clear to me and I am allowed to make them.  The weight of the world is not on my shoulders.  I am responsible for me and my dance space.  That's it.  This is my dance space and that's your dance space.  UGH.  So fucking annoying.  I am guessing though that this is a very teeny, tiny version of this lesson....so yeah it's okay.  I will let you know how this phone call goes.  Love you Bluebie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...