Sunday, July 28, 2019

Underneath the Relief is Pain

That's it.  That's addiction.  For me anyway.  Something makes me feel better and I get relief and then - I WANT MORE.  Then it becomes a monster that I can't control and it starts to kill me.  Alcohol, drugs, food, men, money - pistachios - doesn't matter.  So.  So there you go.  Good news - I have a solution at least for today - and THAT - makes me exhale for real.  In what feels very healthy or at least loving and when I am active in some way - I am not in the loving.  Jesus - LONG SLOW RECOVERY is right.  That's where I'm at.  Okay so here's what made me realize this this morning.....

I'm running out of vitamins.  I am in a panic because I am still recovering from treatment and taking these vitamins and supplements helps me but not to the extent that I need to charge them or ugh I hope I can articulate this - I just can't get myself into this position again where I can't afford things and I am in a state of deprivation and panic.  If I go and charge those vitamins - which feels wrong - I will feel better but it won't fix the problem.  And the problem is that I don't make enough money right now.  Okay but also - here's the other problem....if a Band-Aid will fix me momentarily there is a sore underneath - and when does that get fixed if I keep putting a Band-Aid on?  So I just am realizing that (and I guess this is a very obvious thing having to do with any addiction) if I don't feel good and I do something unhealthy to make myself feel better - something unhealthy - something addictive in nature - then I still don't feel good.  I still have the dis-ease.  The symptom feels better but not the real issue underneath.  The nature of me hasn't changed.  That just seemed so mind-blowing to me today while I wasn't thinking about my financial situation and the extreme discomfort I feel around it.  I guess I use money addictively the same way I use food.  Good Lord how fucking annoying.  But as they say I can't fix something or allow it to be fixed until I realize it's even there.  IT'S THE FUCKING ONION LAYERS.  Okay.  Oooooookay. Greaaaat.

So now my challenge is to not desperately take jobs that I don't like or don't feel good or cant pay me what I need.  I guess just don't be desperate.  Just writing that is making me feel desperate.  Okay.  OKAY.  Challenge number 5006.  Ugh.  It's up to me.  I had an acting partner 20 years ago - he was GORGOEUS - intense - sweet and one time after a rehearsal in a coffee shop he said to me "It's up to you - it's always going to be up to you - whatever you are doing."  I just looked at him and smiled because I had no idea what he was talking about and then I left - I was leaving anyway and I was confused....so as I was leaving the coffee shop I looked back at him to see if I could figure something else out or I don't know why and he was just GLARING at me.  Haha!  It was like he was like why the fuck am I giving this clueless twat a life lesson she isn't going to figure out for 20 years.  I wonder where he is now?  Love you Bluebie byeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...