Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Daily Reprieve and where have I been?

WOW - I can't believe how hard it is for me to keep up with this!  I haven't written on here for a week.  Whoa.  Okay - well - here I am now.  I snowed in from this huge blizzard that wasn't even actually a blizzard.  I got tons of rest and it has been absolute heaven being at home, cooking at home, doing the dishes and I took a bath last night - glorious.  I also went to a meeting around the corner from my house so that was great also.  ALTHOUGH I had carrot cake there and it made my pee ORANGE this morning and before I realized it was the cake I thought I was DYING.  Jesus.  I fell down in the park yesterday so I thought that's what it was - that I had internal bleeding and I was peeing orange blood.  Whoaaa.  Anyway - back to the daily reprieve.  So it is said in the program that we have (I'm sure I've written this before but for some reason yesterday I heard it - I really heard it and I found it so profound) "A daily reprieve contingent on the maintenance of our spiritual condition."  Um - I think that's what it is.  Okay so this woman I heard last night in the meeting was celebrating 31 years of sobriety and that's what she said.  She said I'm not cured - I just have a daily reprieve and blah blah I don't remember what else she said.  Haha - I'm just kidding - I mean I'm not kidding I can't remember what else she said but that part must have been all I needed to hear.  So that's it - I get 24 hours just like everyone else and I get to grow spiritually everyday inside those 24 hours and I can stay sober.  THAT'S IT.  No pressure!  Jeez.  Well anyway I think I had more to say but I don't know.  I need to go outside - I'm going to try the park again but this time I'm going to wear my snow boots and try not to fall down.  Love you Bluebie bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...