Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Class.

My acting class started again last night and it had 28 people in it!  I was like oh my GOD - we are never getting out of here!  Then the first guy started to perform and I thought I was going to die of boredom and then - by the end of the class - I was IN LOVE with acting all over again and had learned 5 million lessons.  I just did some sides from a sitcom and my teacher said I can't give too much.  I HOLD BACK SO MUCH.  Jesus - I hold back SO much in real life but there is NO ROOM for that in performing.  So he said I have to be like an athlete and to FOLLOW THROUGH.  Jesus - have you ever heard of anything more difficult in your life?  In my life?  Ha.  He said something to the affect of I need to give the audience what they want.  Wow - so terrifying.  My other teacher was there and he said to reaaally take in what this new teacher was saying.  I said it made me uncomfortable and vulnerable and he said that's what I'm there for.  Which is 100% true.  I got my hair cut & straightened yesterday and it's like I'm a new person.  Unreal.  Self-care.  Self-care that I charged on my credit card.  So anyway - its day 1959 and I feel fine.  Time to cancel my cable - love you Bluebie bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...