Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Where's my hair wax?

I am tired.  It's been snowing all day so it's real cozy in here and I'm tired because I had a show late last night and had to get up today to do our podcast.  So I'm tired.  I ordered some hair wax and I couldn't remember where I ordered it from (they changed the formula at the company so I had to search for someone who sold the original formula) and I had to search and dig and finally found the email from the company saying it was shipped - right?  SO I check the tracking and it says DELIVERED - yesterday.  YESTERDAY.  I didn't get it yesterday and I certainly didn't get it today.  I put on my snowboots and went out and looked just to make sure and yeah - NO HAIR WAX.  It's expensive but it's AMAZING and works really great in my super bizarre hair right now so I really want this fucking wax right?  Then I call the post office, the 1-800 number and I am holding and holding and waiting and waiting until - UNTIL.....I realize - I am acting like a fucking lunatic.  My post office is closed.  Am I really going to hold for 30 minutes for someone in Nebraska to tell me I need to ask my post office where it went?  So you know what I did??  ARE YOU READY FOR THIS??

I hung up.  I hung up and I made myself a cup of tea and then I meditated.

WHO THE FUCK AM I???

And then I felt so much better. 

When I'm tired I start to spin and get over-stimulated.  It has finally occurred to me after all these years that I do not have to continue to stay that way.  I can stop whatever I am doing and CALM DOWN.  I can let it gooooo.  Jesus.  This is why they call it a long, slow recovery.  9.5 years later and I can finally hang up the phone while I am on a 50 MINUTE HOLD.  Haha.  How's that for alcoholic??  They said it would be  50 minute hold and I was like "OKAY I AM HOLDING!  GONNA BE RIGHT HERE.  I am going to GET my hair wax!"  Good Lord.  Okay I have another show - gotta get to work on that yaaaaaay.  Sigh.  Byeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...