Saturday, August 13, 2016

The Drunk Farmhand aka The guy that lives 6 houses down the road.

Okay - I'm a drunk so I get it. Somehow my father took a liking to this guy and had him start helping him here on the farm. I could have SWORN that when I got here 2 nights ago he told me to pick stuff from the garden. He walked me around with a beer in a beer cozy and showed me everything in the garden. Then last night he said the same thing - again I THOUGHT - and my mother was there that time and she ALSO thought he said to pick shit from the garden. So I spent 2 hours today picking fruits and vegetables out of the garden. He comes knocking on the door and I had everything all spread out in the picnic table and my mother tells him to take whatever he likes. He was like "you picked the canteloupe??" And then looked at me like I was fucking crazy. Haha. I picked one watermelon - brought it into the house and cut it open and it was perfect so even though it doesn't make any sense and it's a different type of fruit - I picked the cateloupes. So he leaves all weird from this discussion and I go outside and get a canteloupe and cut it open and whoops - not ripe. So about 15 minutes later - haha - he comes back super angry with half of an unripe cantaloupe. He starts saying all angry "Don't pick no more cantaloupe - they aren't ready." I said " I'm sorry I thought you said to pick stuff from the garden." And then he starts YELLING " no! I said they ain't ready!" At this point I give him a thumbs up and say " okay cool - no problem" and I start to unload the dishwasher because I was going to tell that drunk fuck to go fuck himself. My mother who is the sweetest person and can do this - tells him he's being a prick but that it's okay. He's still yelling that he's been gardening for 10.,20 30 years and "please DONT PICK NO MORE CANTELOUPE."  Why am I writing this? Oh because he's just some drunk guy who lives 6 doors down and for some reason is way to emotionally involved in my fathers garden. I completely ignored him and he finally left and my mother could have cared less but I was PISSED. So I made a mistake! They will ripen in the sun. Shit shows up at the grocery store not totally ripe yet all the time. I just feel like this guy thinks he's the man around here now and he is in for a big fucking surprise because he is not. Wow I'm so mad. I haven't been to a meeting since - well - Wednesday? I just miss my Father. But also I am super triggered by men yelling at me BECAUSE of my Father. I would have no idea I did something wrong and he would yell like I plotted something and I would be 6 years old and clueless. I felt also like I was at this guys house and I took a shit on his kitchen table in the middle of dinner. Alcoholics are so fucking dramatic. Haha and my mother in her sing-songy voice "Well you are being a prick but it's okay! We'll see you tomorrow or Monday!"  Maybe he said to pick the beans? I don't know! He was drunk and he only had on shorts and glasses. No shoes! No shirt! And he was drunk - I was confused!  Blech whatever. Love you Bluebie bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...