Friday, July 3, 2015

Reading.

I love to read - I have always loved to read.  One of the only classes I ever did well in at school was literature.  All you had to do was read the book and answer questions - or read the book and write about it.  I loved it.  So easy - so enjoyable - so INTERESTING to me.  I finished the book I was reading "The Goldfinch" and now I am reading "Finder Keepers" by Stephen King.  It's great.  I love him and I have always loved him.  When I was in high school I would go to the library and I would always get out one Stephen King book and one classic.  I guess I felt guilty about only reading Stephen King.  I always loved the classic too so it wasn't like it was some kind of hideous chore - I was just trying to make myself more well rounded I guess?  Man Catholic guilt - even in the fucking library!  So today on the subway I was reading the book and there is a kid int he book who learns he loves literature.  And it reminded me how much I loved reading and writing for that matter and then it made me sad that I didn't go to school for that.  I mean I can feel it in my blood.  I would have excelled at schooling of literature - even more than acting or dance or anything.  Isn't that crazy?  I guess that's part of why I love comedy so much - the writing.  Ah - i suppose it was confusing to my poor parents that I didn't do well at anything but somehow I aced every literature class I had - easily.  Haha - well and I read so alcoholically.  I would just sit and read, read and read.  I remember in 6th grade just ignoring everything the teachers were saying and just reading my novel in class.  It was an escape for me also.  Jesus - who knows?  Maybe everything worked out exactly the way it was supposed to.  All I know is I madly love to read.  Love.  LOVE!  And I am so grateful for it.  Now on top of the eye twitching I am having intense ringing in my ears.  I believe what is happening is some sort of thyroid problem.  I had blood work not too long ago though and nothing showed up.  But who know - maybe it's just at the mental level right now.  Time to learn how to express myself and let that little butterfly in my neck free so I don't gain 500 pounds and get miserable.  Free the butterfly!!!  What?  Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...