Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Be the change you want to see in Cunty Buns

Ha!  I'm not even kidding.  I read out of different meditations books every morning and the one that struck me this morning was from Journey To The Heart by Melody Beattie.  She says don't wait for things to change - the change comes from inside us.  She also says it's BORING to wait - and you know what?  It is.  And it never happens.  Im learning so much from working with Cunty Buns and dare I say this?  I am now so very glad it has happened.  Im getting to practice ALL the things I have been learning for years.  How to have boundaries and keep them, how to recognize that I can have compassion for someone but I don't have to accept their unacceptable behavior and I don't have to be a bitch about it either.  And as far as trusting myself - this I just realized yesterday....that she isn't a particularly nice person but she wants to be perceived as one.  Well in the past - meaning 2 days ago - this would have flipped me out and made me beat myself up because I didn't like her.  But guess what?  I am sensitive and let's face it - not stupid - and it's none of my business what she wants.  She isn't nice and that's all I need to know for myself - ugh I'm losing sight of my point.  I don't need to take care of her and her feelings.  I know she isn't nice so I protect myself and keep my distance.  I don't have to be part of her game - Im not responsible for her and her feelings.  ISNT THAT AMAZING?  And I don't know if this is coming across but Im saying it from a kind place because I cant help her - well 1 because she doesn't want my help (ha!) and 2 because Im not qualified to.  I suppose mostly because she's not asking me to - hello.  So this is the ultimate opportunity to stay focused on myself and take care of myself.  It's a super challenge but yesterday even though I was of course - angry and annoyed with her behavior - I took care of myself - I kept focusing on love and I kept walking away from her and breathing.  It's not a particularly fun challenge but it is one that I am seeing as an opportunity now.  Also she stopped trying to get me fired because the boss above us wasn't having it so she stopped.  But also this is the thing - I'm changing - not her.  I even had the thought yesterday about how "Maybe she has gotten better?"  Im not sure why I was thinking that - or lying to myself that - but then I realized that since she's not in program or therapy she probably isn't going to have changed since 2 days ago.  That's when it clicked to me - Im the only thing that can be different here - me.  Good Lord - is this Obvious 101?  I don't know - I guess it's because Im actually practicing it - not just saying it.  And accepting it - even if I don't like it.  Man - Im starving.  I just got so so hungry.  It's super cold today - 20 degrees feels like 5!  That's real Winter!!  Loooove you Bluebie bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...