Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Old-Ass Flower Mats.

Before I moved in with the guy 5 years ago - 4.5 I guess really -  I bought these flower mats from Rite-Aid - maybe CVS - maybe the dollar store?  I don't know but I go them thinking I could roll them out and plant them in our little front but then the upstairs neighbor got there first.  She planted a bunch of things and then I got really busy and got cancer and forgot about the flower mats which I left under the sink.  Just to be clear they are a small pre-seeded mat that you plant (put on top of some dirt), water and plants grow.  Supposedly.  Well anyway since we had the time we got some window sill plastic boxes and decided to give these old-ass, expired flower mats a try.  We put them on the front porch and at the same time I got 2 new kits of flowers from CVS.  Little tiny pots with like 5 seeds of flowers in them each.  So we had a couple plants inside and these boxes outside.  Everything started to grow!  I also had some seeds from the tiny inside plants and put those in the boxes outside.  So then the craziest thing happened......the outdoor plants - the ones planted with the old-ass flower mats - started to grow HUGE and the indie ones were just drooping along.  I was like "Oh that's odd...but I am sure it will change?"  NOPE.  The old-ass flower mats were just growing and sprouting - along with the seeds I grew!  Green, tall, strong and well I don't know - I don't see any flowers anywhere yet but that's not my point.  Finally I was like forget it - we have to put these inside babies outside with their friends because they are dying and they need to be outside!  They will be heartier outside!  So we put them in that same dirt with the seeds and the old-ass flower mats and it's only been 3 days and they look 75% better.  So here's is the moral to the story...

GO OUTSIDE MORE.  We are plants too!  I have been watching those plants and it has made me get outside EVERYDAY.  Fuck that.  I don't want to be a droopy plant.  I didn't live through cancer and cancer treatment to be a droopy plant.  I want to be hearty.  I want to live.  So yeah - weird lesson from some old-ass flower mats and a couple flower pot kits from CVS.

But also.....

What the fuck is going on?  Everyone in my neighborhood had parties ALL WEEKEND.  I didn't see a lot of masks and I was like "Um did I miss a memo?  Is COVID over?"  Sooooooo - I am going outside ALL THE TIME and I am also - STILL BEING VERY CAREFUL.  Because I think we are going to be in for round 2 of this shit because people are just too fed up and aren't really being cautious enough.  Which I get.  But also - FUCK THAT TOO.  AND - and I am reading all the time about healthy eating and it looks like the healthiest way to be (I am sure I knew this and have gone into serious denial about it) is to not eat meat.  To be vegan!  HOW THE FUCK AM I GOING TO DO THAT?  I don't know - I haven't eaten dairy in months and I honestly never thought I could do that.  I mean NEVER.  Okay soooooo I am going to go meditate and let me shoulders drop because I get DO TENSE and then I realize my shoulders are up around my ears.  WHAT THE FUCK.  How am I so tense when I am here alone most of the time?  Well okay wait - there is a LOT to be tense about - Jesus. 

Love you Bluebie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...