Monday, May 11, 2020

Uncomfortable Monday.

Well hello.  I have had trouble writing on here or anywhere for that matter since this whole quarantine started.  Yesterday I realized something and that really just drop-kicked me into reality.  A reality I haven't wanted to face and I suppose I couldn't for a long, long time.  Maybe I never could have - I don't know.  Doesn't matter because I did.  I watched something that triggered me to such a disturbing degree that I was sickened by it, on Friday.  It took until yesterday for me to fully realize why it made me so disturbed.  And although the details are sensational & I suppose intriguing (on some level) they don't matter.  What matters is that because this information is fully coming into my consciousness I now have the knowledge I need in order to heal.  I am aware and I can choose what to do with that awareness and I choose to heal.  I am however still smarting form the whole thing and it feels pretty horrible.  But it's okay.  Because I have so many tools now I will be able to take care of myself (and I have been taking care of myself anyway) and move through this more quickly than I have moved through other things.  I can soothe myself in a healthy way.  In a loving, healthy way.  I have taken good care of myself over the years and I have been true to myself - and for today, just today - I will continue to do that.  AGH!  It sucks to be in pain - any kind of pain...but it's okay.  It's okay!  I am saying that even though I also am upset. 

I had to take a moment.  Now I can love, enjoy and take care of myself on a whole different level...because now I understand there is more to the picture.  There is more to take care of!  And that truly is okay.  Thank fucking God I am in alanon - a program that teaches me how to focus on myself (in a healthy way) and take care of me.  So.  So I can dust myself off and know that in a lot of ways I have done a great job.  Also I can just pick myself up and let myself enjoy me and my life and get my mother-fucking power back!  Kind power.  Kind, loving power that is of service.  Of service without hurting myself.  Without giving away more than I have to give and not from a place of guilt.  I feel like I am being hard on myself while I am writing this and that is not my aim either.  This is about freedom.  This is about being happy, joyous and free.  Yes.  So the good news - the GREAT news - is that today I wrote.  I got on here and even though I was so uncomfortable it was almost excruciating I let myself write.  Hopefully now these parts of my past that have still been "enflamed" can start to heal and I can operate differently in the world in a more manageable, effective way.  Really give myself permission to take care of myself.  Yeah.  Work on my calling - whatever that is.  I'm sure I am doing it on some level.....or I would be experiencing a whole different kind of dis-ease.  Sigh.  Isn't life so odd?  My mind just didn't let me fully accept some truths about myself until I was able to have enough support systems in place to accept them.  And deal with them.  And acknowledge them.  And let them go.  EW RIGHT? 

LOVE YOU BLUEBIE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...