Saturday, May 16, 2020

Exhausted in the Time of Corona

Good lord - I am so so tired.  Sometimes the menopause just smacks me in the face and today is that day.  It's warm and I am VERY warm.  Also I want to eat an entire turkey, cow, chicken and 5 vats of cheese.  I chose not to do that because - well it's gross and I want to feel better so.....I drank celery juice (which is super refreshing) & had a nice bowl of cereal with fresh fruit, ground flax and almond milk.  And I am coming around to feeling better.  I didn't sleep well last night but I will either tonight or tomorrow night and I am going to take loving, wonderful care of myself all day and things will shift and I will feel better.  It's such a crazy time.....I am actually getting stir crazy which says a lot because I LOVE being home!  I miss the library and I miss doing shows.  Everyone does.  I miss writing...I wrote more when I was doing shows.  Anyway let's move on to the positive things...

I have been meditating an additional time each day and it has really been amazing.  I am able to see how stressed I get during the day even being home.  My heart is racing so quickly by the time I go to meditate the second time that it's almost excruciating to meditate - I just want to leap up and go do something!  But it also feels so disgustingly unhealthy to have my heart racing like that and I just force myself to sit there till I calm down.  But I almost have to PANT with my breathing.  God it's crazy.  That being said - I wrote that and realized it will get easier.  I suppose I will begin to notice during the day as I even START to get all racing inside myself and calm it down.  So that's one great thing in the time of corona!

I have learned to bake regular potatoes and sweet potatoes!  Wait let me rephrase that - I have learned to LOVE simply baking regular potatoes and sweet potatoes.  Good, old-fashioned skin on baking them.  They are so easy to bake and they make the house smell so delicious!  And it feels so comforting.  And best part!?  They taste amazing!  My guy and I have been like "Why the fuck don't we always do this?"  I'm saying this because I just literally baked some sweet potatoes just now.  It smells so sweet and good in here and it really made me feel better to scrub those sweet potatoes and bake them.  What am I trying to sell this to you?  I just said potatoes like 400 times.  Anyway that's a nice thing too - baking potatoes in the time of Corona.

Guess what?  I am way less tired.  Hmmm I'm also drinking coffee so I don't know - but I feel better.  Love you Bluebie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...