Saturday, October 14, 2017

Oprah Oprah Oprah OPRAH OPRAH OpRaH OPraH oPRAh Oprah Deepak DEEPAK DEEPAK DEEPAK Oprah

I fucking love Oprah.  I have been listening for years now and doing the free guided meditations of Deepak and Oprahs.  The guy also buys them and we listen to them everyday - and meditate.  Okay I have written about it before right?  I think so?  Who knows I can't fucking remember anything anymore.  REGARDLESS - this week one of them blew my mind.  Oprah always speaks first and on this particular day she was talking about the 3 principles that she lives by.  The first is that you need a vision for your life.  What do I want my life to look like?  Without the light of a vision you have nowhere to go.  My words I think not hers.  The second is what is your intention?  This is amazing to me because of my people pleasing AND my fucking passive aggressiveness.  It's twofold - I say yes when I mean no and then I'm fucking pissed about it but also I do nice things when I don't want to and I am exhausted by it AND I go to people who have nothing to give all the fucking time and then judge them.  So what is my intention there?  To be uncomfortable in that way instead of just sitting with myself and my feelings and doing my work.  Okay fine - great realizations and a great principle to truly start to live by - what is my motherfucking intention here?  The third is Newton's Law - in fact Newton's third law which states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction.  When you put out positive - YOU GET POSITIVE BACK.  I know I know that is the most obvious thing in the world but for some reason this week it blew my mind.  If I'm being nice and I don't want to be nice and I'm pissed - that' not actually nice and I AM NOT GETTING NICE BACK.  Aghhhh!  This isn't even about me getting nice back it's about me living more authentically and to stop the passive aggressive, uncomfortable, unmanageable behavior that doesn't serve me and doesn't feel good.  THANK YOU OPRAH AND DEEPAK.

Here's what else I realized this week.  For years I have been trying to "get back my power."  This week while meditating I realized that THAT IS WHERE I GET MY POWER.  MY HIGHER POWER.  Again - duh.  It's the 11th step "Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out."   Okay well it doesn't say exactly what I am saying but that was what happened while I was seeking this week.  It shifted something in my meditation practice.

NEXT THING.  I love plants I buy tons of plants I kill tons of plants.  For years I have been buying, caring for and killing plants.  I didn't have good light in my apartment so I thought that was it.  It seemed so strange because they would stay alive for the longest time then just start to go.  Well I moved here and brought the plant I hadn't killed yet and my guy started to REPOT THEM.  I thought it was so weird.  Then THEY GREW BIGGER AND STAYED ALIVE!  It took me almost 2 years to remember that the roots of a plant can be as big as the plant itself o it NEEDS A BIG POT but especially if it's growing.  So then I realized I needed a bigger pot.  I need more roots.  I need to heal and I need a bigger God a bigger pot a shit ton more nutrition more light more love A BIGGER POT.  MORE SOIL.  So there you go.  That was my week.  Love you Bluebie byeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...