Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Coffee Break

I'm taking a little coffee break and it is grand.  I have the day off from the kids - the rest of the week actually and that is wonderful.  I jogged and went and got stuff to make an appetizer for tomorrow - Thanksgiving and I got myself some groceries so that when I am there I am taking care of myself.  Had the upmost craziest realization.....I mean yes that is always happening to me but this one is a real boulder in my path that I never fully realized.  Actually it's 2 things....I know you are so excited haha.  Well anyway the first boulder is my inability to be able to stand other people's feelings and I AM AN ACTOR.  By definition I am trying to get other people to feel.  I love the laughter but laughter is a drug.  Or at least comedy as a world is.  AGH.  But yeah even that is difficult to deal with - I just like it better.  Other people's feelings - who the fuck knew?  I guess I knew but I never really, fully completely realized how it's truly a boulder in my path.  Well I see it now and I have learned from all the stuff I have done over the last 1o years that other people's feelings are none of my business.  Or is it their thoughts?  I don't know and I don't care all I do know is for sure they are not my responsibility.  Mind blown!

The second one...is......I CANT REMEMBER.  Seriously!??  Fuck me.  Ugh.  Let me think....haha.....okay I think I have it.  I am rereading a book on acting and she talks about how the only thing we can really do is be the best version of ourselves possible.  UM - WHAT?  I have literally been trying to be the best version of like 25 other people my WHOLE LIFE.  Sometimes I get tired and annoyed and then I'm like fuck it - here's just me deal with it.  I have done it in comedy and I did it with men - finally - thank God.  But as far as being an actor?  Not completely.  Cancer helped.....I was so tired and sick and I just couldn't try to be someone else and I couldn't wear that fucking wig - I was just like forget it - this is it - whatever.  Then I booked 2 jobs!  But now I have tried lately to grasp on again and last week I went in to an audition and tried to be what they wanted.  I am going to say what they wanted was a 75 year old because that was everyone there except me and yes I was confused and completely insulted which IS RIDICULOUS because who  fucking cares?  A job is a job!  But then I tried to be something and it wasn't good.  I was upset that day anyway.  So there you go - just do you.  Go figure.  Be the best version of me I can be.  Wouldn't I want to do that anyway no matter what I was trying to do for a living?  Or actually DOING for a living?  Yes - yes I would.  Jesus that's one of the reasons I do all this work anyway - to be healthy and the best member of society I can be.  GOD IT'S SO MUCH TEDIOUS FUCKING WORK.  But it's good.  I am into it.  We are the lucky ones.  I will happily be the best version of myself playing a 75 year old no problem.  It's fun to act no matter what.  OKAY.  Gotta go do stuff around the house and call my sponsor.  Woo-hoo!  Happy Thanksgiving Bluebie - love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Core of Me.

Well here I am at the end of this blog.  It's a little bittersweet because I am not sure I would have done it if they hadn't changed...